Your first visit at Bonita Medical Center will likely include an oral exam and a consultation. It will be at this appointment that your diagnosis and treatment options will be discussed. In some cases, a simple procedure may be performed on the same day as the consultation.
Diagnostic images can be expected to be taken at this appointment, but please remember to bring any recent X-rays or scans from your general dentist or referring physician. Other items you will need to bring to this appointment include
- Health and/or dental insurance information
- Referral slip from your dentist or other referring specialist
- List of current medications, including heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.
- A valid driver’s license or other form of identification
- Form of payment (credit card, checkbook, etc.)
A parent or guardian must be present for this appointment if the patient is under 18 years of age.
It is important to disclose certain medical conditions that may be of concern prior to surgery, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc., to ensure your safety and the right course of treatment.
We ask that patients arrive a few minutes early to their appointment to allow sufficient time to check in and complete any additional paperwork.
Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your first appointment. We look forward to meeting you.